I don’t have much time to write today, I’ve been playing frisbee, and I’m about to head off to a party. I know, what a life. Anyway, here are another twenty random thoughts.
God, why do people read this?
- Who’d have thought that Australian Comedian Tom Gleeson would be more relevant than ever in 2017? That guy’s career was dead.
- Have you ever heard Fish and Chips, Chips and Fish? I have. It’s fucking atrocious.
- Am I the only person who calls dry cat food, ‘bits’? Why is everybody else wrong?
- I wish I owned a Family Feud board game set. But then again, that would require having enough friends who want to play the board game, which would require me to have friends full stop. Brutal.
- I think I might start watching Insiders on Sunday mornings. I caught a bit of it today and was more interested than I care to share. Also, I’m now a 45-year-old man.
- I’m going to make Risotto tonight. I’ve never done that before, but if Masterchef can do it so can I.
- Also, Masterchef starts tomorrow, and I’ve never been more excited about television. I’d go into more depth, but that’s a whole post on its own.
- Getaway is apparently still on TV!? I was talking about Getaway in my post the other day, and it turns out it is still around!?
- Speaking of Getaway, whatever happened to Coxy’s Big Break? I heard Coxy was a bit of an asshole.
- When I was young, I was a big fan of former “celebrity” chef (and I use the word celebrity very lightly) Geoff Janz because he seemed so passionate about selling tuna. No? Just me?
- I’ve never watched Game of Thrones. Mainly because I’m more conventional when it comes to watching dragon porn.
- Avocados are fucking expensive. It’s 2017 people, can’t we just clone them or something? How many people die in the production of an avocado? There must be a few hundred at least to justify charging that much.
- I binge-watched two seasons of Rick and Morty recently. Best. Decision. Ever.
- I deleted iTunes the other day. I spent so many years fine-tuning and collecting a comprehensive library, and the other day I just deleted it. Spotify murdered my iTunes library. And I’m ok with that. In fact, I watched.
- At the party I’m going to tonight, there will be board games at the bar. I guarantee we will play Jenga. Jenga is the bee’s knees.
- Why are ‘bee’s knees’ cool? Like, what makes them the standard-bearer of things that are cool? And cat’s pyjamas? Who the fuck is coming up with all this bullshit?
- If I ever went on a reality television show for my strange addiction to something, it would be to eating single slices of Kraft processed cheese. I could eat twelve right now. I won’t; I’m just saying that I could.
- I’m surprisingly into footy at the moment. Maybe it’s because my team, Richmond, isn’t sucking this year? I’m not getting my hopes up though, that 9th spot is ours.
- Did you know Dave Grohl did a duet with Nora Jones called ‘Virginia Moon’? It just doesn’t make sense? It was all smooth and jazzy as well. Like, Dave Grohl singing anything other than rock is beyond my comprehension.
- Does Cold Rock Ice-Creamery still exist? I don’t remember the last time I saw one. Maybe they just don’t have them around my area.
This entry should have been posted last night, but I had some scheduling issues. So, unfortunately, nothing got posted yesterday. There will be two posts today, making sure that we’re back on track for tomorrow.